Please allow time for the video to load.
Quicktime is required)
Scrap cardboard or matboard
white or stick glue (to glue the pieces together)
White glue (Elmers) - should not be washable glue- to seal the house before finishing.
EnviroTex Lite (get at a craft store) or Polyurethane
pin back or magnet
hot glue gun (to attach the pin back/magnet)
- Cut the cardboard into triangles, rectangles, and squares
- Glue together to form a simple house. Add small doors and windows out of cardboard/matboard.
- Use markers to design and color - don't forget the edges and the back!
- Sign the back (artist signature)
- Paint a light coat of Elmer's Glue on the house (to seal the markers and add-ons) and let dry.
- Mix up the EnviroTex (read the directions). This stuff MUST be used outside. If you can't use this product, Put on about 4 coats of Polyurethane (let dry between coats).
- Drizzle onto the houses - aim for an even coating. You only need to do the front side and edges of the house.
- Let dry overnight
- Glue on a pin back or a magnet with a hot glue gun.
- Attach to a card if you wish. (see example of what we used on our cards here)
Selling the Pins:
- Of course, you may sell these however you wish, however, we suggest that you sell them for $5.00 each, if your community can afford this price.
- Where do you sell? We give each person (who wants to sell) a set number to sell. When they return with the money for those pins/magnets, we give them more if they wish to sell more.
- Set up a table outside a store or church and entice the patrons to contribute. Send them to work with parents of your class/group members.
Let us know how much money made by creating the houses! Click here!